Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Boy Did I need a Band-Aid for my HEART!


I have tripped and skinned my knee today...(not literally)...but I felt like it. I know he would of offered me his favorite bandaid characters if he thought it would help....but here's what happened.
My sweet little Andrew was very upset that Mommy was going to work today. Matt and Andrew were taking me to work because our Explorer is waiting to go into the shop. Andrew cried non-stop all the way to my work saying NO MOMMY NO WORK(which is 30 minutes away).
I tried to soothe him by talking to him but he would have none of it. He wanted his Mommy to stay home and any other answer was not good enough. When we arrived at my work, I took him out of his seat and tried to hold him, he made his body very limp. He told me he wanted to get back in his seat and I asked him for a kiss and he turned his head. I was so upset however, could not cry because I was fixing to go into work. I have to say though, I was screaming and crying on the inside. My heart was broken for him because I could not accomodate his request of me staying home. I have to say that when they picked me up this evening, he was all smiles and gave me a big hug and kiss.
I love both of my children very much and cherish all the times I get to spend with them. I have a senior management position at my job and can't just work an 8 hour shift and call it a day when there are projects that have to be accomplished, visits to prepare for, and 4th Qtr sales that are coming quicker than we'd like them too. Christmas is just around the corner, and I feel like summer vacation for Hannah just ended. This is how I think Santa should look right now...not getting ready for Christmas.
Just thoughts on my recent trip and fall that has me still feeling the burn.




2 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

That Andrew is too sweet!
Cute bandaids ~ I've worn many a power ranger bandaids in my day.

Have a great day sis,
Love ya
san

Linda said...

Ouch. I have been experiencing some of this lately with Cameron since starting teaching my little preschool job. They are always fine it is just so hard to leave. Believe me I have left crying a few times myself.
Love ya
Linda