Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Shout out to a Friend on SURVIVOR!

Yes...you heard me right. A girl I went to High School and Church with in Okinawa Japan, Leslie "Shade" Nease finally got her dream to be on Survivor. I am so proud of her for not giving up and persuing her dream. ....She's an amazing person and I just am proud to know her. On the first episode of Survivor China she was faced with a difficult decision. They were at a buddhist temple, which Jeff Probst said was only going to be a welcome ceremony, however, it felt more like a religious ceremony and all she saw were buddah's all over the alters and she did not feel comfortable staying in the temple so walked out (very discreetly I might add). She professed her faith in Jesus Christ and stated that he was the only Lord and Saviour she would have in her heart (don't quote me, I am paraphasing what I remember). However, I feel like she took a stand where she felt she needed and I am proud of her for doing so.
Here's her BIO from CBS:
Leslie
Age:
38
Home Town:
Tega Cay, SC
Occupation:
Christian Radio Talk Show Host
Bio Favorites
Leslie Nease's stepfather was a United States Marine, so she traveled with her family all over the world. She attended and graduated from Kubasaki High School in Okinawa, Japan. Moving back to the United States, Nease attended two years of college at Shepherd College in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.Nease currently works as a Christian host for a midmorning radio show. She is on the air from 9 am until noon, and then spends the rest of her day being mom to her four kids, Stephanie, Tommy, Kennedy and Peyton. She also teaches fitness classes three nights a week (step, kickboxing, sculpt and cycle) and has her own speaking ministry where she encourages others in their faith. She has written a book about fitness & spirituality called Body Builders. She has previously worked as a personal trainer and waitress.Nease's hobbies include reading and studying scripture, writing poetry, yard sales and camping with her family. Her favorite sport is volleyball. She describes herself as energetic, passionate and overwhelming. Her favorite topics are what she considers to be her "Four Fs": Faith, Family, Friends and Fitness. She was Mrs. North Carolina in the Mrs. USA pageant in Las Vegas in August 2001. In March 2003, she was the first New York finalist in the Regis & Kelly co-host search when Kelly went on maternity leave. In April 2006, she went on a mission trip to La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz, Bolivia, where they spent most of their time outdoors in the Andes Mountains visiting Compassion International-sponsored children in underdeveloped areas.Nease has auditioned for SURVIVOR every season for the past five years. She always wanted to experience SURVIVOR for herself and decided she wasn't giving up. She never let the rejection get her down, but instead allowed it to fuel her passion for the adventure. Finally, after 11 audition tapes, her dream is coming true.Nease currently resides in Tega Cay, South Carolina with her husband of 18 years, Rod. They have one dog, Buddy.

She was a Cheerleader for the Kubasaki Dragons, so here's my way of cheering Leslie on:
Here's to hoping and PRAYING that Leslie is the Winner of SURVIVOR CHINA!
GO LESLIE GO!



5 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

That's awesome! Mom and Dad had a high school friend from one of the previous (I think first) Survivor too.
Have a great week sis and we'll be cheering on your friend!

Love ya sis,
san

Linda said...

I did not know this and I don't watch Survivor but I will have to give it a look to see how she does.
Love ya,
Linda

MOM said...

Go Leslie!!! Her Mom taught the 2 doctors and teachers before Dad and I. She gets her writing talents from her Mom who wrote for the Okinawa magazine which can out every week. Joyce was the one got me interested in International Christian Womens Club. This is a very small world and getting smaller everyday.
Love ya,
Mom

Terry Richey said...

Hi Debbie! Got your blog info from Sandy's website. I was so excited to know that you started a blog, but was really excited to see that you are a friend of Leslie's! I am a die-hard Survivor fan and Leslie is one of my favorites this season. Will check in on you and your family via your blog. Welcome aboard!

Evelyn said...

Hey Leslie! Congratulations on your selection for "Survivor China". I knew you looked familiar. I went to Kubasaki High School too! I just wanted to say Congratulations to you.

God Bless,
Evelyn Ritchie-Gilbert