Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rough First Day Back for All

Our day began at 0545 which is early for our family, I use the phase my daddy used zero dark thirty.....had to wake up before my eyelids really wanted to open. Got up, showered, and blow dried my hair before I woke up Hannah. Of course, Matt has gotten up, ate, took his lunch and left all in this time. Then I got Hannah ready and it was time to get my little munchkin to wake up. I turned on his light, he was not happy. I let him get up on his own, got him dressed and we were all ready 7:30a. We were walking out of the house when Andrew looked up at me with those deep blue eyes and said "I have to go to Daycare now". I said yes...that's where we are going excited. His lower lip started to quiver and he was not happy. Hannah and I were able to get him in the car and drive the 100 yards to his daycare. He then started to cry. We were finally taken to his room where he burst out into tears and declared "Mommy please don't leave me". I told him that I loved him, he would have a great time playing with the others kids and I would be back to get him before he knew it. I hugged him and gave him a big kiss, handed him over to his teacher and left very quickly. I did good...I did not cry till I got in the car.
I called about 2 hours later and they said he was playing and having a good time. I bet they say that to all the nervous nelly parents.
My first day back at work was to say the very least not uneventful. I had a full day and really needed to stay and get some things done but left at 5pm.
Matt picked up Hannah from Drama. She's going to be in a play "The Reindeer Rebellion" She's Comet, her friend in Rudolph. She's going to be so cute dressed up as a Reindeer.
I picked up Andrew, where he was outside not really jumping around just walking fast toward the teacher and I said Andrew. He looked up at me, started to cry and ran into my arms. It was so very sweet. I thought he was thinking I wasn't going to come get him but he told me no he was just glad to see me. He had an accident but I was prepared and packed him some extra clothes just in case his neves got the best of him. He did not eat all day except for the afternoon snack of Chocolate Chip Cookies (what a surprise). They say that is normal for the first day but Andrew cannot afford to not eat, so we will watch this closely for the rest of the week. If I have to make lunches, I will definetly expect a credit for meals.

Then of course to top my whole day off, It was my turn for Bunco, had to have my dinner prepared and over to Karens by 6:30pm. Well, that did not work. I got there at 7pm. They loved all the prizes especially the ones Sandy made for me. Thanks Sandy!

Well, I best close. Sorry no pictures, busy morning but I will take one of Andrew with my phone tomorrow in his daycare class.

Have a good day!
Debbie

2 comments:

MOM said...

What a day!!. Time will dry up the tears for both of you. I am glad Hannah is enjoying drama. I hope you take lots of pictures. Hang in there. Remember what your priorities are. Love you all.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Deb. How are the meals coming along? Hope all is well with you and yours and that you are feeling up to going back to work without too much stress. Keep up the good
work you started while at home. Love Grandmapwrjn3w