Friday, August 22, 2008

2nd Grade, 3 Year old Tantrums and much more

Doesn't he just look like a little man? He is too cute and sweet to match.


Wow, I have always said what I would give to switch places with my dh and he could work and I would stay home. I have learned in this last two weeks that I could not switch places with him. Not that I am not capable but I would go absolutely bonkers. Andrew really did not have the Terrible 2's but he sure has had the Terrible 3's. I am trying to break him of his whining and throwing Tantrums (mostly crying fits) when he does not get his way. OH MY GOODNESS....he's loud when he screams. I have just learned to tune him out and send him to his room. Other than a few of these that occur, my son is the most gentle, loving, child I know. He loves to hold my hand and make me smile. He is very sweet about my tummy after my surgery. He discovered something yesterday and was so smart telling me that I have an A and an H on my tummy. If you look at the incisions and where the stitches were, on my right side I have an "H like in sissys name he said and an A like me" he exclaimed. It was rather cute.


Hannah is doing very well in school. I had a parent, teacher, and principal conference yesterday. We aired out our differences and cleared the air. I explained to the teacher that I in no way was questioning her abilities as a teacher but I was questioning her ability to have a two way conversation with another adult. I felt that each and every time I tried to have a discussion with her it was one sided (her way) and she was not going to budge. But Thank God for Dr. Witt, the principal at Morningside Elementary. She understood where I was coming from and explained to the teacher that open communication had to happen and her directions need to be clear and percise. She also needed to send home any communication in writing versus through the children because 7 years olds do not translate themessage as clearly as her writing her instructions would be. We ended saying that we have a clean slate, we will do better communicating. She did say that Hannah was her little helper and secretary. She said that Hannah keeps her on her toes when she is doing work with the class. I know that Hannah is a good girl in school and I have nothing to worry about Behavior wise or Academic wise for her. But just like any other 7 year old, she wants to sometimes be lazy and not do her work the right way and I just have to steer her in a better direction. Hannah aced 100% on her first spelling test. She has another one today and I know she will do fine. We prepared like we did last week. She knows her poem and all is GOOD with her. The Jonas Brothers were in Atlanta Wednesday night. She was bummed she did not get to go but understood that it was not feasable with my surgery only being 1 week out.


Back to Dr. Witt a minute, she is a military Brat, lived in Okinawa when she was young, has had a hysterectomy, is on WW now, ...now doesn't that sound familiar. When I told her that I was a military brat, lived in Okinawa, graduated from HS there, had a hysterectomy a week ago(she asked me how because she was told she was too large to have hers done laproscopic) I told her mine was Laproscopic and Dr. Heaton did it. She was amazed. We hit it off really well and have a lot in common. This school is going to be all right with her at the drivers seat.



Sandy checks in on me almost daily and makes sure I don't need anything or that I am not doing too much. While San was away at the mini family reunion, Birthday and Anniversary Celebration at the farm with her in-laws, Elaine called and invited us over for Dinner on Sunday. She is such a good friend to me and my family. The kids got to go swimming and they had a wonderful time.












I got my stitches out and had my one week visit. I pulled one of my incisions and Dr. Heaton told me to be careful with that. I am taking my medicine for my bladder disorder. He asked me to please keep my stress levels down and insure that I am getting more than enough rest. I told him that I tire really easy and I don't get much done. He said that is to be expected and will probably last until about the 4th or 5th week post op.



Well, I have bent your eyes enough....everyone have a GREAT weekend.

Debra






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure sounds like you are on the right track with Hannah's teacher,
Glad everything came out to your satisfaction. Pictures are gret and looking forward to seeing everyone next week. Love, Grandma

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Cute pic of Andrew!
Glad to be here to help take care of ya!
Have a great weekend.
Love ya
san

Linda said...

Sorry you are home under the circumstances but glad you are home and giving so many updates. Andrew does look so sweet in that picture and Hannah too. I don't guess I noticed the haircut before. It looks nice. She was so cute when she called to tell me about her spelling test. :)
Glad you were able to clear things up with Hannah's teacher.
Love ya,
Linda